a) Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal, non-commercial use only.
b) Any copies of these pages saved on to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal,
c) No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way.
d) Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
e) Visit East Anglia Limited - copyright notice must appear in all copies.
f) No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other website without Visit East Anglia's prior written consent.
Visit East Anglia ("we" or "our" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our website (www.visiteastofengland.com, www.visiteastofengland.co.uk, www.eastofenglandtouristboard.co.uk, www.eastofenglandtouristboard.com, www.englandscyclingcountry.co.uk, www.visteastanglia.net, www.visiteastofengland.co.uk, www.visiteastofengland.net ) ("Website"), or that you provide to us by other means or will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Visit East Anglia.
1. Information we may collect from you
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
1.1.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
1.1.3 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
1.1.4 Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
1.1.5 Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to make our Website work and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
2.2.1 To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2.2.2 To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
2.2.3 To speed up your searches.
2.2.4 To recognise you when you return to our Website.
2.3 The cookies used on our Website are:
2.3.1 ASP.NET_SessionId - This cookie is essential for the operation and navigation of the website. The cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
2.3.2 ASPSESSIONIDS******* - This cookie is used to report website 404 errors to our website host. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
2.3.3 _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz - These cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2.3.4 dmsTPC - This cookie is used to record if a user has accepted the use of Google Analytics cookies on the visiteastofengland.com. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
2.4 Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2.6 We may embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visitYouTube's embedding videos information page.
2.7 We may display either (or both) of the following widgets:
2.7.1 Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets do not create a cookie.
2.7.2 Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of visiteastofengland.com to your friends or followers. By default these do not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.
3. Where we store your personal data
3.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
3.3 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
4.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1.1 To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4.1.2 To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
4.1.3 To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into through our Website.
4.1.4 To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
4.1.5 To notify you about changes to our service.
4.1.6 To regularly update you about our services and promotions in Newsletters.
4.2 We may also use your data, or permit affiliates to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, text post or telephone.
4.3 Where we permit our affiliates to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this.
4.4 We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Any information that you provide online, should it be a request for brochures or an email query, is captured into our database. Primarily, the information provided is used to fulfil any queries and requests that have been sent to us, and also to keep you updated with news and promotions concerning the East Anglia, should you opt-in to receiving information from us. The gathered information also helps us to improve our website. This information is confidential and is not passed on to our selected partners without your consent.
Terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for use of www.visiteastofengland.com
1. Use of www.visiteastofengland.com
All access and use of this site is subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these conditions, you should cease use of the site immediately. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any given time. Access to the site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice at our discretion. Whilst we shall endeavour to ensure that the site is available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
2. Accuracy of Information
Whilst we shall endeavour to ensure that all information on the site is accurate, we cannot vouch that all information will be accurate and up-to-date at all times. The site contains a large amount of data, and errors are likely to occur in tracking changes - for example, changes in dates and times of events. We therefore do not accept any liability for error or omission with regards to content of the site. Should you find any inaccurate information on the site, please inform us and we shall correct it, where we agree, as soon as it is practicable to do so.
Part of this site contains materials submitted to Visit East Anglia Limited by third parties. It is the responsibility of these third parties to ensure that the materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and relevant foreign laws. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of this material and hereby disclaim any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material or for any misinterpretation, loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on any material contained within the site. We also cannot accept responsibility for any failure, or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in the event of bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. You are advised to check with the establishment concerned.
We accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an 'as is' basis.
We shall not be liable for any damages arising in contract, tort, or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
4. Legal Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined as illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then within that jurisdiction in which that term is deemed to be illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to remain in force.
5. Further information
Terms used mean the following:
The/this site = www.visiteastofengland.com
We/us = Visit East Anglia Limited
You = User of www.visiteastofengland.com
Visit East Anglia Limited
Telephone number: 0333 320 4202
Visit East Anglia Limited is a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No: 7741044.
Bookings (on this website)
The booking service available on this website allows you to submit booking requests. When you submit a booking, we will pass your name, contact details, on-line credit card details and accommodation requirements to the supplier. Your booking will not be confirmed until the applicable supplier confirms that the booking request has been accepted.
No contract is made between you and Visit East Anglia Limited. In respect of any booking, the supplier of the accommodation may provide its own booking terms and conditions, which you should check carefully. You should also confirm the price for accommodation with the proprietor, and confirm any additional costs and expenses, including VAT that may be payable. Acceptance of bookings is entirely at the discretion of the supplier - and Visit East Anglia Limited accepts no liability for any failure by a supplier to receive or accept a booking. If you fail to take up accommodation that you have booked, the proprietor may charge you a cancellation fee or retain any deposit that you have given.
Visit East Anglia Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by any visitor to any of the properties or attractions listed on this website arising out of any booking.
You should note that notwithstanding that you have inputted financial details in your booking form, you may not be able to pay for accommodation by credit or debit card. When the booking is confirmed by the accommodation provider, a deposit may be payable with the balance due at the time of your stay.
Competitions (on this website) - Terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions, together with any rules specific to a competition, apply to all competitions on the www.visiteastofengland.com website, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. The competition is organised by Visit East Anglia Limited, The Grove, Kenninghall Road, Banham, Norfolk, NR16 2HE.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a competition, the decision of Visit East Anglia Limited shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over. The address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any prizes, so please make sure this is correct.
5. Employees of Visit East Anglia Limited its members, partners or any company involved in the competition, or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the competition.
6. Visit East Anglia Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
7. Only one entry per person per competition is allowed (except where otherwise stated) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will have any additional entries discounted.
8. There is no purchase requirement to enter a competition, and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
9. Proof of entry, is not proof of receipt.
10. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Visit East Anglia Limited does not accept responsibility for the return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
11. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise, from all qualifying entries within seven days of the competition closing date. Tie-breakers will be judged by Visit East Anglia Limited, and if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. If Visit East Anglia Limited is unable to make contact with any prize winners, via email or telephone communication, within a period of one calendar month from the point of first contact, we reserve the right to redraw the winner.
12. Competition winner(s) names may be published on the website, or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Visit East Anglia Limited, The Grove, Kenninghall Road, Banham, Norfolk, NR16 2HE - naming the specific competition. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Visit East Anglia Limited reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
14. All prizes are awarded at Visit East Anglia Limited's discretion.
16. Visit East Anglia Limited does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership of your entry, although Visit East Anglia Limited will be able to use or reproduce entries as we choose fit, without compensation.
17. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity, and Visit East Anglia Limited reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners/photographs of them in any publicity.
19. The competition and rules will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to Competition Rules, Visit East Anglia Limited, The Grove, Kenninghall Road, Banham, Norfolk, NR16 2HE.